Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Divine Appointment

A year ago I purchased an Action Bible...amazing art work by Sergio Cariello former Marvel Comics and DC Comics artist. Here is a link to his website theactionbible.com Any way, I love comics, cartoons and great artwork so I devoured the pages and met some of the greatest action heroes of the Bible. After I finished reading the Action Bible God said to me "keep this book, as there is a young boy who I want you to give it to". He then showed me a picture of the young boy. He was dark haired and darker skin... Perhaps he was Mexican, we knew we would be heading to Mexico so perhaps it would be then. Well we traveled all across Canada, down the eastern side of the United States across the bottom of the US into Mexico and still no young boy. After we headed out of Mexico we drove to Yuma...Grand Canyon...Las Vegas, San Diego and to San Clemente.

Mark and I pulled into a Starbucks late in the evening in San Clemente to check our email and catch up on a bit of work. A youth Pastor came in with two young boys. After sometime the Pastor asked the one young boy if he had a Bible, the boy said now. Now being good Christians and looking for an opportunity to minister we were eavesdropping (you never know when an opportunity for prayer may come up : ) Well Mark turned to me and said do you still have that Bible? I started to vibrate and excitedly ran out to the bus to retrieve the Action Bible now buried under books and towels. Book in hand I ran back in and tapped the young boy on the shoulder when he turned and looked up at me it was the same face that God had showed me almost a year before. (during the whole time in Starbucks they had had their backs to us so I never saw his face). I said to the young boy that God had asked me a year before to hang on to this Bible because He wanted you to have this. I handed the book to him and he smiled up at me such a warm and open face. He thanked me very much and I was introduced to Devon.

A short while later the Youth Pastor and the two boys left, the boys got picked up and the Pastor came back in. He wanted to thank Mark and I. He told us that on that day Devon found out that he would never be able to live with his mum again as she was back in rehab and it was not a good situation. Devon had just moved into his Uncle's place and was just coming to Lord the timing for the gift of the Bible was so good. I smiled at him and said that is our God...perfect timing.

No comments:

Post a Comment